Monday, September 13, 2010

He's Learning Too

Three to four days a week, Levi, Noah and I sit down at the table and do "school". It's just part of our day now, worked into our routine. Usually both the boys have a snack and I have my mid morning caffinated beverage. Levi has a coloring book, some crayons, and usually something else that he insisted on bringing to the table with him.

We usually sit there for about an hour working on Noah's school work, but recently I've been amazed at the stuff Levi is picking up. He's nibbling away at his snack and will suddenly blurt out something I've been teaching Noah. Like when we're counting Levi will often say the next number. He sings along when we sing the days of the week. He walked up to our world map recently and pointed out Antartica (it's the one closest to his eye level, I guess). Noah was going on a shape hunt around the house the other day and Levi came in the living room with a peice from a puzzle and proclaimed "octogon"!

I love homeschooling and just to be honest, some days are much better than others. All in all the good days outweigh the more difficult ones and it's very fun to watch Noah get better and better at reading and to see the things Levi is picking up along the way too!

No comments:

Post a Comment