Friday, April 16, 2010

Noah's Artwork

I teach Noah's preschool class on Wednesday nights at church. We were discussing how the Israelites were grumpy and complained in the desert, even after God had brought them out of slavery and defeated their enemy the Egyptians. Despite their bad attitudes God still showed mercy to them by providing them with manna to eat in the morning and quail in the evenings.

The kids enjoyed pretending to be the Israelites. They especially liked whining to Moses, together they would say....."Moses, Moses"....in the most annoying whiny voice ever. I think they could relate to the grumbling Israelites. The truth of the matter is I could too! God has so richly blessed me, yet I still find myself anxious and whiny. I still complain when I've had a long day with the kids...the very beautiful healthy kids God blessed me with. I still worry about money....the very money God owns and graciously lets me use. There is no telling the grumbling and complaining I would do if I was hungry in the desert!
I'm so thankful that the God I serve is merciful! Merciful to the Israelites, and merciful to me!

That night the kids also made quail as their craft. Their teacher is lame so the pattern is pretty silly. Here is what the quail was supposed to look like.....




Below is Noah's version. It looks a lot like Mr. Potato Head and is hanging on our fridge.

1 comment: